Friday, August 2, 2013

Difficulties

I'm going to preface this with admitting that we have only been active polyamorists for the last couple of months, and only seriously searching for a couple of months prior.

That said; damn, it seems like women have all the edge for poly lifestyles!  OKC has been our main access point for trying to find friends and potential partners, and she gets an average of anywhere from 30-60 visitors per day; last time I checked it was 2, and none at all in the last couple of weeks.

I feel at times like the teacher in the original Wonka movie, who was trying to teach percents using Wonka bars: "How many bars did you open?"  "Two."  "So two hundred..." "No, just two."  "Wha?  I can't figure it out with just two!"

To be fair, the profile pic is not the best; I am military, and they don't like people straying out of their marriages, regardless of consent of spouse.  Since that's the case, my profile pic doesn't show me very well.  But still...such a low number that it's kinda crazy.

I've also looked, just for S&G's, on Craigslist.  In our area, the number of guys looking for women was multiple pages for a single day; the number of women looking for men was multiple days per page.

Even Ryan said as much; he had been completely single for three years prior to meeting up with Susan.  I guess this is one aspect of poly that will have to take some time in order to experience.  The necessary discretion from having the job I do isn't going to make things any faster, either.