Saturday, August 31, 2013

Damn You, Day Star!

Last weekend I took both of our girls and met up with Trina and her son at the beach while Susan was visiting Ryan.  My first time in Pacific waters, and holy hells is that water cold!  Kids all had fun and we went back to Trina's for homemade pizza and a round of Yahtzee before calling it a night.

During my trip to the beach though, I decided against sunblocking myself...including my neon white torso.  You know the sunburned beach dude from Lilo and Stitch?  I looked like a (thankfully) skinnier version of him after all was said and done.  By Wednesday evening, I'd started peeling on my belly, and as the skin came off, a horrible, horrible rash awaited underneath.  I now itch.  A lot.  Calamine has worked, as well as a spray, but damn...next time, on goes the sunblock.

Also Wednesday, Trina and son came over to have dinner (chicken and dumplings), with a game and movie afterwards.  Susan ended up going upstairs partway through the movie, about the time it was bedtime for our munchkins for school the next day.  Her son cuddled her for a while, then passed out and got placed into one of the kids' bean bag chairs.

Trina then scooted over next to me, then asked if she could lay her head in my lap to watch the movie.  And I let her, and we cuddled through the rest of the movie.  After movie was over, she went off home with her kid, and bed (and itches) awaited afterwards.

For someone who has professed to only wants to be friends, though, she sends some decidedly mixed messages...hinting strongly about wanting to break in new high heels, laying her head in my lap, playing footsie at dinner, along with some other stuff that Susan has seen and I haven't really picked up on.  The last time I was truly friends with a woman, in person, definitely did not have the same dynamic...that was much more of a sister/brother thing.

I don't know if she really is just wanting to be friends, if she does but likes flirting anyways, or if she's wanting me to be more aggressive in pursuing her...she has mentioned that she enjoys submission, and her mannerisms definitely back her up, from what I've seen.

We also discussed swapping babysitting duties; her stated reason was so that she could meet up with another guy she likes, for a date night.  That one brought me up short...not because of what she said, but because of my own reaction to it.  See, with Susan and Ryan, the only jealousy I had was that I didn't have someone to chat with, or meet up with, or whatever outside of Susan at the time.  I had no problem with their budding relationship, as a relationship.  I did, for an instant, feel jealousy that Trina wanted to meet up with someone else though...and that shocked me.

Then I realized that A) we're not dating anyway, so I have no leg to stand on there, and B) that's kind of how poly works.  I accepted that she is married, and her husband does exist and will be coming home soon (well, for varying qualities of "soon" anyways)...it just threw me for a loop that there was another party she wanted to be involved with.  Admittedly, some of that jealousy is most likely the fact that she has stated she does not want a relationship with me...we're kind of treading that line, though.  Anyways, once I worked through it all, the jealousy went away, and we've more or less agreed to swap kids for evenings out in adult company all around.  As Pa Ingalls put it, "All's well than ends well."