Monday, August 5, 2013

Not Just Me

Susan came home yesterday, early afternoon, and before too long got the rundown of everything I'd done while she was gone.  Her first words after were, "Do we need to talk about why you're keeping yourself so busy while I'm gone?"  We did, later after the kids were gone.  Both of us agree that it's most likely boredom.  I did verbalize that I wasn't thinking about her with someone else, so she doesn't think the wrong thing.

I think if the kids weren't a factor, whether they were just older and could be left alone or we hadn't had kids, then it'd be a different story.  I could go off and go hike, or find some other outdoor activity to go do.  But especially with the youngling only being five, it's somewhat difficult to do things how I want to do them.

We've taken her hiking before, and she didn't like it very much...and she's five; her legs are tiny little things.  I'd take the elder munchkin off hiking, but again, that would mean someone would be available to watch her sister.

I'd like to go kayaking out on the water, but that's not a possibility either...not a risk I'm willing to take with kids out on ocean.  So it becomes a quest to find something, anything that can keep me occupied.  It's easier when Sa is here to find some way to pass the time, but even with her here I'm still bored.  I don't play MMOs anymore, I've read all my books that I want to read, I'm not in the mood for TV or movies lately...I kinda get cabin fever no matter what's going on.

On the plus side, Susan absolutely loved the cheesecake, especially with the homemade blackberry sauce I made tonight to ladle over top of it.  Hooray for cheesecake!