Saturday, November 16, 2013

Got Off My Ass

I did end up taking the munchkins out to the beach this afternoon.  I made sure I took a ball so we had something to do while waiting, and it was a good thing.  We ended up waiting about fifteen minutes or so...and I got to just play catch with both of them.  They really enjoyed that a lot.

They were happy to be at the beach, happy to be out of the house and somewhere they could do mostly what they wanted.  I made sure to dress them warmly, and they needed that, though it was a bit warmer than I had thought it would be.

My youngling was decidedly less happy once Trina showed up with her kid in tow...she had an attitude towards him all afternoon.  We ended up walking about a mile down the beach, took a look at a small river that feeds into the ocean, played around in it for a bit, and then took off back for the cars.

When Trina showed up, we were both quite happy to see each other; she even cuddled into me for a minute, which she normally doesn't do.  Conversation was odd, though...we found things to talk about for the most part, but at one point she asked what I was up to, how my life was going...and I just didn't have anything to say, other than "fine."  The last two weeks, I've been at home every day, mostly online reading blogs, trying to figure out how to make my own bondage frame (which admittedly, I didn't even think of when she asked), making chainmail keyrings, watching sports when I can, failing at finding connections online, and not much else.

It's just...hard to talk sometimes.  We mesh well, we really do...but we also disagree on many topics.  Parenting, functions of laws and rules in society, pot usage, more parenting.  We've had several spirited discussions that really were discussions, not arguments, but we've also had to realize a few times that we just have to agree to disagree.

I do enjoy when we find topics to chat about though.  Most of the time, they're about whatever is going on in her life...which is almost always a lot more than what happens in mine.  I really need to find a way to do more that takes me out of my house.